top button
    Astro Community
Facebook Login
Site Registration

I apologize for that?

0 votes

So, I am super tardy to the celebration and I apologize for that. I do think using a question thread would be beneficial in the long run. However, it's a matter of handling what the topics are. That's a bummer because we could only have 2 at a time. I replied to someone earlier agreeing that we can start making a weekly article that links to news/update posts are added as the week continues on and they're printed to Runescape's website. And that proposal and I handed on to the remainder of the group. What we're doing now is a matter of,"What exactly do we believe needs to be seen the most?" Having it on one post and upgraded as necessary could help solve that matter.

It's bothered me several times since I changed from OSRS into RS3. I thought the OSRS Reddit community was shitty but at least if I posted a query (whether it be in a thread or it's own thread) folks would not make me feel as if I'm doing something unpleasant. I have always seen the downvote button as like a correlation index, and only actually downvote stuff if it is wildly off topic. It seems like this sub just likes to downvote individuals for being fresh, I can not say I know it, but I don't really give a shit anymore. Should my queries maintain karma? Definitely, they're just questions. Nothing negative or positive about them. Do they? No, but sometimes they even back outside to impartial after initially getting several downvotes (seems some folks understand that downvoted questions become suppressed and try to bring up them ). It should not be like this.

It was a transition because it had been, switching to eoc. My friend convinced me to switch over after I maxed and got tired of OSRS. We're buds irl and he informed his clan about me contemplating switching, they have a 2.4k total restriction but they knew who I was so when I finally switched over they rated me in the clan right off tut island and everyone was super welcoming and awesome, I came here and felt just like I was kinda being educated"fuck away noob." Glad I didn't, Runescape is superb. This sub wants work, but there are undoubtedly a ton of very great helpful people who have been in it for a long time, they deserve a little credit too.

If the answers which are easily found on the wiki got downvoted I'd love to add, it would make a sense. In addition, I feel bizarre even speaking about downvotes, is not there like an unwritten rule about not doing that? I feel like the whole hostility to questions matter is another symptom of efficiencyscape, except rather than criticizing people for training skills inefficiently, it is criticizing people for seeking replies inefficiently. Just the most efficient method (studying wiki) is enabled, everything is incorrect, even though asking different players will nonetheless supply an answer.

So apparently people are supposed to play a singleplayer game and never talk to anyone because everything is about the wiki and there's no justification for creating talks. Of course public chat is dead comparative to 10 decades back and folks talk more about politics than about Runescape, since politics is based on opinion and not on the wiki. I get it to a degree. The wiki did not exist for a whole lot of players. When I initially began (then stop, then proceeded to OSRS decades later) we didn't have a wiki. There was sals forums and afterwards on runehq iirc (hazy timeline, I was like 9), each of which were excellent resources but nowhere near depth as the wiki is. It is really just a case of"I learned Runescape the hard way, you can too" imo.
If you want to know more information about OSRS Gold , please lock on RSorder.com
https://www.rsorder.com/

posted Sep 4 by Wuyahong

Looking for an answer?  Share this question: #
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

Similar Questions
0 votes

Why are folks so toxic to players? Wouldn't max and also the high players need visitors with? More people = more cash, more upgrades (maybe if more began playing, paying, and demanding it) and also more people in Runescape game which will grow the economy and keep Runescape lasting more. When they're labeled as such we treat new players well. Dig up any ribbon folks here actually pile most of the time and in which the OP acknowledges themselves new.

It's older, returning players that ask questions we treat. Unless they're asking about the state of Runescape(which implies they are not spent in Runescape again nonetheless ), normally we bad mouth them about how they might possibly be requesting whatever it is they are asking. The community is really smart. If somebody is uninvested at Runescape, everyone is full support towards them. If they invested, no one cares.

So, I tardy into the celebration and I apologize for this. I do think having a question thread frequently would be beneficial in the long term. However, it is more a matter of managing what the pinned topics are. That's a huge bummer, because we can only have two at a time. I replied to someone agreeing that we could begin making a single weekly post which links to news/update posts are added as the week goes on and they're published to Runescape's site. And I handed that suggestion on to the remainder of the group. What we're doing now is a question of,"What do we believe needs to be viewed the most?" Having it on upgraded and one single post could help solve that issue. Even if it's just temporary, it's far better to have something than nothing.

It has troubled me several times because I switched from OSRS. I have always seen the downvote button as like a relevancy indicator, and just actually downvote stuff if it's wildly off topic. It seems like this sub simply loves to downvote individuals for being new, I can't say I know it, but I don't actually give a shit anymore. Should karma is held by my queries? They're just questions. Nothing negative or positive about them. Do they? No, but sometimes they even back out to impartial after initially obtaining several downvotes (seems some people understand that downvoted questions get suppressed and try to bring up them ). It shouldn't be like that.

It was a bizarre transition because it had been, switching to eoc. My friend convinced me to switch over I maxed and got tired of OSRS after. We're buds irl and he told his clan about me contemplating switching, they have a 2.4k total restriction but they understood who I was when I finally switched over they ranked me at the clan straight off tut island and everyone was super composed and amazing, then I came here and felt like I was being educated"fuck away noob." Being in a clan with a 2400 complete req you are really not likely to be asking beginner questions, therefore at a stage I didn't know where to turn and nearly just decided to quit. Glad I didn't, Runescape is excellent. This sub wants work, but there are definitely a ton of really great helpful men and women who have been at it for a long time, they deserve a little credit too.

If got downvoted, I'd love to add, it would make a sense. I feel like the entire hostility to questions thing is another symptom of efficiencyscape, except instead of criticizing people for coaching abilities inefficiently, it's criticizing people for hunting replies inefficiently. Just the most efficient method (studying wiki) is allowed, everything else is wrong, even though asking different players will still supply an answer.
If you want to know more information about OSRS Gold , please lock on RSorder.com

0 votes

I mean, yeah your previous remark lays out exactly why the communities tips, in your opinion, are inferior to the machine you've got set up now. If anything the view represented by the OP are far more in accordance with the'vision' of this subreddit (wanting to include the two RS3 and OSRS (which in itself is absurd being they've seperate content, dev teams etc. but like my view guy )) by saying your content has a home here but if its seeing anything in specificity to go elsewhere, very similar to the way the Reddit FC is/was OSRS Gold

So rather than tuning ity'all yanked it? Tell me again how your staff thinks your system is not fine in comparison with community ideas.

Rather than requesting a community of 234,037 individuals and having a bot hit your inbox close immediately together:"If you believe you've received a phishing effort please verify sender address (example), domain (instance ), here are the common examples (link). If you have gotten an attempt please report it (useful navigation for forum article."

In regard to our system"working good as is," we are aware that it's not ideal, but there isn't necessarily a solution that fulfills issues from all perspectives. Additionally, there are other issues taking up our own time, and we're just volunteers, thus we don't always have enough time to dedicate to tackle some of those smaller problems. My previous remarks were intended to clarify the problem stands as it currently does for the specific issues mentioned, maybe not explain why things won't change. We're open to making changes that could be beneficial for everyone.

The majority of consumers view the subreddits as being separate anyway ( runescape = RS3 and 2007 runescape = OSRS), so this is not something we've had to tackle prominently since the volume of OSRS-related submissions this is minimal. One complication with post filtering is it can not be assumed users will always utilize criteria in a place that will trip a filter as it isn't necessarily the case. AutoModerator filters based on particular criteria, so building a precise list that's only specific to everything you are attempting to catch is not always possible.

Some users understand the way to intentionally bypass filters, making them useless, and if we make a filter too broad, more posts are filtered than warranted. This creates more frustration for consumers and much more work for us while we'd prefer to prevent over-moderating. We may look into attempting to revive a filter to get phishing email questions, but that's a thing for us to discuss in private amongst the mod group. The previous filter was unable to accomplish what was wanted at the time, so it had been disabled for the time being. These articles do share an overlap with other filters within our subreddit, so a number of them are eliminated for different reasons.

We do not wish to be in the spotlight for driving community conversation. While a few other subreddits may have an extremely visible mod existence, that is not something we're considering. If we have an important message to get across, that is one thing, but mod articles from us are very infrequent. In a nutshell, we believe the subreddit ought to be the community's voice, not the community's voice directed by subreddit mods.

I really don't think anyone in any capacity anticipates a plug and play solution nor expects anybody in the mod team to break their back for no pay. Filters require maintenance to correctly function, take spam filters for e-mail; that's decades of effort to make sure the Nigerian prince doesn't make it to your own inbox and hell occasionally it still doesn't work, sometimes my 2FA winds up in spam, but we still don't delete a spam filter. I just wish to clarify that I'm not talking you at some presser or some thing simply having a Buy RuneScape 2007 Gold

0 votes

No worries about the grilling concern. I am just trying to be thorough in my replies. The email entry filter was viewed as a low priority fix, and such articles were (and are) becoming caught in other filters, therefore it was deemed unnecessary for now. However, the other filters aren't specially designed for those articles, so only part are getting flagged. Once more of the important tasks are completed, we will take a look at a number of the lower priority ones. It would not require much time to receive a setup set up to start testing a better version. Also, a majority of subreddit moderation is not visible openly, so while it may seem that we're not doing anything occasionally, there is a great deal that goes on behind the scenes in addition to approving/removing articles and comments.

Our concern about filtering in this case isn't whether someone will try to bypass it, and that remark was to further the point that filters are not always powerful. Perhaps mentioning the intentional bypassing was a little off subject for my previous comment. As far as the separation between our subreddits goes, it is not something we're interested in enforcing as of today. As previously mentioned, the quantity of OSRS-specific posts (not pertinent to RS3) submitted this is minimal as is, and they do not amount to a prominent part of our daily articles. However, those articles are redeemed by other people which compare or link to both matches.

These would probably match the standards to also receive a reply redirecting them to 2007 Runescape once the intention was to post, which isn't ideal as it would be irrelevant to the post topic and likely lead to complaints. Furthermore, if the criteria is too specific, it is unlikely that the few posts which are intended to obtain this reply will activate it. It's much easier for a individual to identify these posts than a bot, and setting up it to be intended is much easier said than done for advantage.

Why are folks so toxic to new players? Wouldn't max and the high players need people to play? More people = more cash, more upgrades (possibly if more started playing, paying( and demanding it) and more people in Runescape game that will grow the market and maintain Runescape lasting more. When they're labeled as such honestly, new players are treated by us well. Dig up any ribbon in which the OP acknowledges themselves new and folks here actually pile the majority of the time.

It's older, returning players that ask questions we treat poorly. Unless they are asking about the state of Runescape(which implies they are not invested in Runescape again nonetheless ), normally we bad mouth them about how they might possibly be requesting whatever it is they are asking. The neighborhood is really smart. If somebody is uninvested in Runescape, everyone is full support towards them. If they spent, no one actually cares.

So, I tardy into the celebration and I apologize for this. I do think using a query thread would be beneficial in the long run. However, it's more a matter of managing what the topics are. Since we could only have two at a time which is a massive bummer. I replied to someone sooner agreeing that we could start creating a weekly post which links to news/update posts are added as the week goes on and they are published to Runescape's website. And that proposal and I handed on to the rest of the group. What we're doing now is a matter of,"What exactly do we believe has to be viewed the many?" Having it on one single post and upgraded could help solve that matter. Even if it's only temporary, it is better to have something than nothing.

0 votes

It was a transition as it had been, switching to eoc. My friend convinced me to switch over I maxed and got tired of OSRS, once. We are buds irl and he informed his clan about me considering switching, they've a 2.4k total restriction but they knew who I was so when I finally switched over they ranked me in the clan straight off tut island and everyone was super composed and amazing, I came here and felt like I was being educated"fuck away noob." Being in a clan with a 2400 total req you are really not likely to be asking beginner questions, so at a stage I did not know where to turn and nearly just decided to stop. Glad I didn't, Runescape is superb. This sub wants work, but there are definitely a ton of very great helpful people who've been in it for quite a while, they deserve a little credit too.

If only the answers which can easily be found on the wiki obtained downvoted I'd like to add, it would make some sense. I feel weird even speaking about downvotes, isn't there like an unwritten rule about not doing that? I feel like the entire hostility to queries matter is another symptom of efficiencyscape, except rather than criticizing people for training abilities inefficiently, it is criticizing people for hunting replies inefficiently. Just the most effective method (reading wiki) is allowed, everything else is incorrect, even though asking different players will nonetheless supply an answer.

So people are supposed to play a singleplayer game and never talk to anyone because everything is on the wiki and there's no justification for creating talks. No wonder public chat is dead comparative to ten years ago and people speak more about politics than about Runescape, because politics is based on view and not on the wiki. I get it to an extent. The wiki didn't exist for a lot of players. When I initially started (then quit, then proceeded to OSRS years later) we did not have a wiki. There was sals forums and afterwards on runehq iirc (hazy timeline, I was like 9), both of which were excellent resources but nowhere close in depth as the wiki is. It's actually just a case of"I learned Runescape the hard way, you can also" imo.

That kinda the nature of the playerbase, elderly people who have been playing forever for the most part. Nobody wants to be bombarded with questions and I'm sure the people who sit on this sub refreshing by feel like that. I don't think I've played Runescape together with the wiki closed in ages. While afking some shit if I am not pvming I am certainly reading wiki pages. It sucks while skilling but I do not eliminate sleep on it that I would rather read the wiki than speak to people beyond my clan.

There's two problems actually. New players making fundamental question's about Runescape, subsequently getting downvoted without an answer. The remedy is that the Weekly Megathread which I believe solves the dilemma of gathering everyone with Basic Questions into one location (you know those replies currently ). However, I don't believe in the Subreddit users, I believe only a handful of them will redirect these new users to the Megathreadothers will only answer their questions, while others will still downvote them (that is the problem this informative article concentrated on, as fas as I am aware).

0 votes

Having Square & Triangle in Between Lifeline & head line,